Home > Support & Services > Community Homes
What is the ‘Community Homes’ program?
Community Homes in Warkworth, Campbellford and Cobourg provide a quality home for adults who require assistance with everyday living.
A strong focus is placed on relationship building, goal setting and meaningful days filled with challenging work and/or leisure activities that meet each person’s preferences.
People live in shared accommodations and receive up to 24 hour on-site support by qualified employees.
Who can apply to the Community Homes program?
Community Homes provide group living options for people over 18 years of age, who have an intellectual disability, AND may also have a physical disability.
What are the benefits of the Community Homes program?
- Living in a group environment encourages people to cultivate social relationships and friendships.
- The Community Homes program accommodates people with varying levels of independence including those who require 24 hour support.
- Specially-trained CLC/B staff deliver Community Homes services and supports.
- The Community Homes program offers a safe home environment and gives people the chance to develop life skills.
- This residential option also supports people to participate in activities within their community that foster social inclusion and enhanced community participation.
Where are the Community Homes services located?
Community Living Campbellford/Brighton currently supports 4 Community Homes, 3 in Campbellford and 1 in Warkworth.
How do I apply to the Community Homes program?
The Community Homes program at Community Living Campbellford/Brighton is available through government-funding AND on a fee-for-service basis.
You can apply for funding by contacting Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) by phone at 1.855.277.2121 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the application process please visit the DSO website at www.dsontario.ca or call Donna Desjardins, Director of Support & Services, Community Living Campbellford/Brighton at 705.653.1821 Ext. 215.
For More About This Program
Please contact Donna Desjardins, Director of Support & Services
65 Bridge St East, P.O. Box 1360
Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
Phone: 705.653.1821 Ext. 215
Toll Free: 1.866.528.0825 Ext. 215
Help inspire new possibilities and make a difference today.
65 Bridge St, E.
P.O. Box 1360
Campbellford ON K0K 1L0