People First Northumberland
Home > Support & Services > People First Northumberland
What is People First Northumberland?
This self-advocate group promotes the RIGHTS, ABILITIES and STRENGTHS of people who have an intellectual disability throughout the community by :
- Accepting speaking engagements, hosting fun social events, organizing an Annual Conference and coaching community members about inclusivity.
- Serving as an advisory team to the Community Living Campbellford/ Brighton’s Board of Directors.
- Acting as a resource for people who receive developmental services. If you have a question, concern and/or require support to raise awareness about inclusion, abuse or restricted rights, then People First Northumberland can help!
- Fundraising to increase membership and support the committee’s ongoing advocacy efforts.
- People First Northumberland aims to see all citizens as respected, valued and participating members of their community.
Who can benefit from a People First Northumberland educational presentation?
People First Northumberland is invited by Schools, Parent Groups, Churches, Community Clubs and more to present and discuss self-advocacy, equality, teamwork and inclusion.
Business organizations also invite People First Northumberland to assist in the delivery of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) training.
Can I join People First Northumberland even if I DO NOT receive services from Community Living Campbellford/Brighton?
Yes, you can! People First Northumberland does not require its members to receive services from Community Living Campbellford/Brighton in order to join and participate.
New members are important in order to ensure that People First Northumberland grows and remains focused on the issues that are important to people who are labeled.
Contact us today to join!
How can I learn more about People First Northumberland?
If you are interested in inviting People First Northumberland to a community speaking engagement, getting involved in an upcoming social event, or attending the Annual Conference, please contact:
Melissa Cowey, Planning & Intake Coordinator
65 Bridge St East
P.O. Box 1360 Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
Phone: 705.653.1821 Ext. 213
Toll Free: 1.866.528.0825
Who is a member of People First Northumberland?
The Committee Membership includes:
For More About This Program
Please contact Donna Desjardins, Director of Support & Services
65 Bridge St East, P.O. Box 1360
Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
Phone: 705.653.1821 Ext. 215
Toll Free: 1.866.528.0825 Ext. 215
Help inspire new possibilities and make a difference today.
65 Bridge St, E.
P.O. Box 1360
Campbellford ON K0K 1L0